The Green List Simplified applications and residence pathways New Zealand Immigration
Green list- The best way to the residence is through work.
One of the easiest methods to gain residency in New Zealand is finding a secure job there. The Green List New Zealand includes a variety of professions, such as medical field, veterinary medicine, engineering, ICT, teaching, and several other trades. The list is anticipated to undergo various modifications over time, with the ultimate goal of providing talented immigrants with a road to permanent residency.
What do you understand by the Green List?
A limited number of highly skilled positions are in great demand worldwide, and there is a shortage in New Zealand as well. Green List is for this purpose. Talented immigrants looking to immigrate and get permanent residency can check the Green List. It outlines the skill gaps in the New Zealand labor market.
Thanks to this list, employers will find it simpler to recruit and hire migrants for high-skilled, difficult-to-fill roles in the construction, engineering, arts, health, and ICT industries. These positions, however, have requirements for registration, education, or experience.
Green List profession categories
The Green List’s difficult-to-fill positions are divided into the following categories-
1 Health and Social Service
General practitioners (GPs), various types of surgeons, veterinarians, psychologists, dermatologists, psychiatrists, registered nurses, anesthetists, midwife, early childhood educators, secondary school teachers, etc.
2 Agriculture Industry
Assistant dairy farm manager, dairy farm manager, dairy herd manager, etc.
Quantity surveyor, project manager, engineer, etc.
4 Scientific Field
Environmental research scientists, food technologists, and so on.
5 Specialized Skill
Diesel motor mechanic, electrician, plumber, etc.
6 Telecommunication Field
Software engineer, multimedia specialist, chief information officer, etc.
The engineering field includes various types of engineers, such as civil, mechanical, electrical, industrial, etc.
Check the registration, qualifications, or experience specified to perform that position if you discover it on the Green List. All qualifications mentioned as requirements depend on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).
Two ways to get the pathway to residence through the Green List-
1 Straight to Residence Pathway
Eligible migrants employed in the mentioned occupations could come to New Zealand on a work visa from 4 July and apply for residence from September 2022. From September residence can also be applied for directly from offshore. Minimum salary requirements apply where specified, and these will be indexed to the median wage and change over time.
- Construction Project Manager Project Builder
- Quantity Surveyor
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineering Technician Civil Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Electronic Engineering Technician Environmental Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Materials Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Production or Plant Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Engineering Professionals (Not Elsewhere Classified)
- Telecommunications Engineers
- Telecommunications Network Engineers
- General Practitioner
- Specialist Physicians Not Elsewhere Classified Surgeons (Including General Surgeons Cardiothoracic Surgeon Neurosurgeon Orthopaedic Surgeon Otorhinolaryngologist Urologist And Vascular Surgeon)
- Other Medical Practitioners (Including Dermatologist Obstetrician And Gynaecologist
- Ophthalmologist Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologist and Radiation Oncologist)
- Resident Medical Officer
- Medical Laboratory Scientist Clinical Psychologists & Psychologists Physicist (Medical)
- Other Spatial Scientist Environmental Research Scientist Food Technologist
- ICT Managers ($120,000)
- Software Engineer ($120,000)
- ICT Security Specialist ($120,000) Multimedia Specialists ($95,000)
2 Work to Residence Pathway
A person who has completed two years working in the positions mentioned below is eligible to apply for residency-
- Anaesthetic Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technician Medical Imaging Technologist Medical Radiation Therapist Occupational Therapist
- All Registered Nurses (including but not limited to Aged Care)
- Teachers – Secondary with specialisations and registered ECE
- Automotive Electrician
- Diesel Motor Mechanic (including Heavy Vehicle Inspector)
- Electrician (General) –registered
- Plumber – registered
- Dairy Farm Managers
Advantages of applying for the Green List
These are the advantages that you will get if you opt for the Green List-
- Applications are processed more quickly and with less complexity for these positions.
- If they are hired for these positions, applicants can speedup the process of obtaining permanent residency by becoming qualified for either a straight-to-residence or work-to-residence program.
- Students in higher education can train for one of these positions, receive post-study employment rights as a result, and possibly transition into PR afterwards.
- In order to encourage qualified candidates, some roles have good salaries.
Green List requirements for work visas
If a position is on the Green List and a New Zealand firm wishes to engage a worker on the Accredited Employer Work visa (AEWV), they are not required to post a job listing.
However, in order to be granted this visa, a migrant worker must have a job offer from an employer based in New Zealand that is in line with the job description and demonstrate that they possess the necessary qualifications in accordance with NZ standards outlined in the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).
The green list aims to create it more accessible to attract globally in-demand workers to New Zealand and offer clear pathways to the residence.
Get in touch with the Chetanya Career Consultants (3C), which gives the latest immigration information. You can prepare yourself for this and grab the opportunity.
1 How long will a green list immigrant visa take to approve?
The government says that the application process will take 30 days when an employer is accredited.
2 What is the cost of applying for a Green List visa through Immigration NZ?
The application cost and immigration levy will range from NZD 4,020 to NZD 4,890, depending on whether you are applying from inside New Zealand or from another region of the world-
Band A (NZ): NZD $4290
Band B (Pacific): NZD $4020
Band C (rest of world): NZD $4890.
These costs do not include the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) but do include the Goods and Services Tax (GST).