Part-time work opportunities in Australia for International Students
Australia is a popular study-abroad destination that attracts students from all parts of the globe, including Indian students. The country has a world-class education system that is widely recognized. However, tourists also love to explore many tourist attractions.
It boasts some of the most prestigious universities in the world. There are also many scholarship opportunities and low tuition fees. This is in contrast to other top destinations.
Students who study in Australia have the opportunity to earn substantial allowances that will help them with their living expenses while having fun. The country offers more than the opportunity to study in Australia.
Work rules and regulations in Australia
Australia is one of the few countries allowing students to work 20 hours per week. The student can choose from any high-paying, part-time jobs in Australia that will cover their expenses. Part-time work in Australia is only possible if you comply with the laws and regulations of the Government.
The Government can cancel student visas if they are not fulfilled. Students can work up to 20 hours per week in Australia in various industries such as hospitality, service, or industry and retail during semesters. Vacations are allowed for unlimited hours. There are many part-time, skilled, and unskilled jobs in Australia. Pay scales vary depending on where they work and what kind of work they do. The minimum wage for students in Australia is around AUD 20.
Part-time jobs in Australia:
- Valid student visa
- The Australian Government must approve the student for a full-time program.
- Students must fulfil the University’s academic and attendance requirements.
- International student insurance is essential for all students.
Part-time jobs available for Indians in Australia
- Customer Care Centers – The job requires a few skills. However, customers will have questions about the company’s products or services. Working in Customer Care Centers in Australia is a great way to earn between AUD 25-AUD 32 an hour.
- Driver – If the student is a good driver, enjoys exploring new places, and has a valid driver’s license and clean driving history, they can become a personal driver in Australia. They will earn $20 to $25 an hour.
- Tutor If a student is an expert in a specific field and wishes to share that knowledge with others, they can become a tutor. A tutor can help students make a living while working at their own pace. The student can make between AUD 20-40 an hour, depending on their expertise as a tutor.
- Cashier – Accountants and cashiers have a high demand and are highly sought after by businesses. Students from India who study in Australia may be able to get these positions for as low as AUD 20-30 an hour. These positions are open to students with basic computer skills.
- Restaurants and cafes: This industry is a great place for Indian students to start their careers. There are no formal requirements, and high-paying jobs offer students a chance to make between 20 and 25 dollars an hour.
- On campus: While students may choose to work on campus for a job, these positions are limited to those who have demonstrated merit. These jobs are rare, so there can be intense competition. As assistant coaches in swimming pools and gyms, students can also serve as lab assistants, library assistants, or assistant librarians. Students may apply for positions on campus through their departments.
How do you find a part-time job in Australia?
Part-time jobs in Australia should not be difficult for Indian students. If you are a student with excellent interpersonal skills and meet the minimum requirements, you can be halfway to finding a part-time job. A strong CV is the most important thing you can do before applying for work. A strong CV will make a great first impression and help you get a job interview. Many institutions should offer a career program to help students format and create resumes that reflect their education, skills, and interests.
3C is the reliable solution for all your doubts
For international students, Australia has many great part-time jobs. Although it wouldn’t be enough to cover tuition fees, it can usually help to provide a modest living standard. There are many choices. You can be sure that there is more than quality education when you study in Australia.
Want to study in Australia? Relax, Chetanya Career Consultants is with you at every step of your journey, whether it is your visa filing process or providing worthy career guidance to our students.
You can rely on 3C for your overseas education in countries like Australia, Canada, the UK, the USA, New Zealand, Germany, etc. Visit our office to conquer all your dilemmas.